Abbey Road

Abbey Road

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Roller Girls

I have been having a blast as Queen Seedy, the mascot for the Roller Girls! This is the first official team sport I've officially been a part of. I can't be a roller girl because I have too many health problems (bone spurs in heels, plantar faschitis, arthritis in my hip, weak ankles prone to spraining, 130lbs of excess fat....) and because I'm poor as a bitch and can't afford skates and safety gear. But, in my heart I'm a derby diva! I get to hang out with some of the coolest women in NH and still feel like part of the team! Plus, I get to wear obnoxious jewels and a crown and have people bow to my insanity! Weeeeeee!

Thus far I've been in the Manchester St. Paddy's day parade, which was a lot of fun, and the opening of the Manchester Harley Davidson. I don't know what I was more jealous of, the 8 wheels or the two wheels!

Which brings me to another point. I will, someday, have a Harley. I have that as one of my goals. If I do get a teaching position this fall, I will be one step closer to getting out of debt, buying a house and, when I'm 50, getting a Harley!

I just want it all now: career, house, kids.... I am so impatient! I'm so sick of being fucking poor! It sucks! Super ass!

No comments: