Abbey Road

Abbey Road

Monday, August 2, 2010

Life in August

Egad, folks. Has it been that long? I doubt anyone still reads this blog, but I think it could be therapeutic to post again. So, I sit here faced with turning 31 in a couple of weeks. The same age my father was when he died. You know, when you're, like, 8, 31 seems really old. Now that I am here and I see my friends with small children approximately the same age I was when he died, it hits me to the core. I've never been of the mindset that I would die at 31. I just... I just never realized that at some point in my life I would get to be older than he ever got to be. And to be honest, that reality just hit me as I was typing this. Jesus Christ. I am soon going to be older than my father was when he died. I don't know if I can really fathom this concept. How is that fair, oh illustrious "god?" How is it fair that a man dies in his prime, leaving a very young widow with two very young kids who eventually grow to surpass him in age and accomplishments? Life moves in mysterious ways, for sure. Stupid, asinine ways. 31. Fucking hell. I'm going to be 31.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No, it's not fair. Sometimes life is great, and sometimes it fucking gargles salty balls. I'm sorry you lost your father so young. I'm sorry he didn't get to see what a great person you grew up to be. We'll have a toast in his honor on your birthday. Life's crazy. Celebrating life while loved ones can't be here. I guess it's the best we mortals can do.