Abbey Road

Abbey Road

Thursday, September 11, 2008

More Wedding Goodness!

So I had my shower on Saturday! It was a fantastic time! Many people showed up and many people put a lot of work into making it a great day. I am so thankful to have such wonderful people in my life!

Jake and I got lots of awesome gifts! Fun moments included opening the edible undies from Jenny (I knew Karma would get me in the end), and when Joelle cracked herself up for being a vegan and buying us an omelet pan! LOL Many laughs and good times were had.

The food was incredible and I totally appreciate the effort and thought into making everything vegetarian. It was so sweet! It is a rare occasion to go to an event like that and have the ability to eat anything in the room.

The cake was AMAZING! Valerie made the most delicious white cake with fresh cut strawberries in it. The decorations on the cake were so beautiful. She made sugar and frosting replicas of the family crests from our save the date cards. I was really touched.

Speaking of being touched, I totally cried so many times! My Nona had made this beautiful hand knit blanket.... I cried. Jenna gave me a gorgeous cake plate that her Nana had given her to give to whoever Jake married... I cried...

On another topic, I went and had the final fitting for my dress. It fit! Yay! So we have that out of the way now!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yeah, I thought it was VERY important that a party in your honor be vegetarian, and everyone agreed:) I'm glad you had a great time. Love ya.