Abbey Road

Abbey Road

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Welcome Rhea Ann Jacob

So Heather had her beautiful baby girl yesterday morning (8/1/08) around 5:00! If I'm getting this correct, 7lbs 1oz, 20 inches. She looks so much like Evan, but also has some of mommy's features too!

Yea, she went into labor 45 minutes after I wrote that blog about trying to get the baby to come out! LOL

I went to visit the happy family after work today...wait, yesterday (It's 1am and I haven't been to bed yet....)

Anyway, all are doing well and happy. They have Rhea (so used to calling her Bean) on antibiotics as a precaution against possible infection. Other than that though, everyone is healthy and safe. Heather is doing very well for someone who just gave birth!

I am just so amazed at the whole thing. Just looking down at Rhea, the enormity of the situation hit me like a truck! This is their child- forever! They are now bound to this one person for the rest of their lives! Responsible for all of her needs and care. It's just an amazing and frightening perspective. I mean, my body was going: "I WANT ONE NOW!" and my brain was going "YIKES!"

It's also so strange that Thursday night I was feeling the baby kicking around inside Heather, and now here she is! In the flesh! I tell you, I am truly honored to be able to be around them in this awesome time in their lives. I am such a proud auntie, it's ridiculous! Just wait until I make some decent dough, that kid is going to be showered with stuff! Mostly love, but also stuff! LOL

Go little Leo goddess Rhea Ann... go heartily and strong into this world and be the best person you can be. You are blessed and loved.... OK... now I'm crying. I think it's time for bed!

No comments: