Abbey Road

Abbey Road

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Wedding Stuff

I am so upset right now. It's three months before the wedding and now the Granite Rose is telling me that we can't do things that were "no problem" when we originally sat down.

The most upsetting is that now Valerie can't make our cake. We chose a package with the cake included, but were told that if we weren't doing the cake that we could subtitute it with something esle. We're paying the money regardless. Now we're being told that if we bring in an outside cake we still have to pay the money, but get nothing in return! Apparently, it's in the contract. So now I had to crush Valerie and tell her that she can't make my wedding cake. I know it really upset her. I'm upset too! I mean, a cake from her would be so beautiful and so meaningful. Who else would put so much heart into making something like that for us? I know there will be other occasions and other cakes, but this really sucks. :-(

There were other little things as well, but I'm not going to go into details because it's arduous and pointless. Needless to say, I'm crushed and entirely disenheartened by the venue. I was so happy with them so far because they really made us feel like they cared about making our day special. They were the only place that didn't treat us like this was just another wedding; just another day in the biz. Now that the wedding is just three months away, I'm getting a totally different vibe. I know we're not their only customers. I know we're just another wedding, but it still sucks that all of a sudden we're being treated this way.

I priced mead from the NH liquor store because I wanted to have a bottle on each table. It would cost me $12/bottle if I bought it straight. If we get it through the Granite Rose it will cost $39/bottle! They wouldn't even be serving it! It was just going to be on the tables!

I'm anxious to see how much the hot spiced cider will cost.

Well, I guess I shouldn't complain. I mean, I WAS looking for all these special customizations. I guess I should just go with what comes with the package and enjoy the meaning of the day. That's it folks, I have just decided not to get bogged down with details! The important thing is that Jake and I get married in front of our family and friends. The rest is moot. Zen bride take over!

2 comments:

Toritopia said...

I know it's hard, but try not to stress too much. Remember that once the big day comes, you don't want to be stressing, you want to be able to enjoy it. The day is not about food or cake or anything else. It is about you and Jake sharing your love with your family and friends and embarking on your new life together as a married couple.

Unknown said...

Ugh! I'm so sorry they're stressing you out right now! I know how important the details are, but like Amanda said, try to keep focused on the big picture. ((HUGS))