Abbey Road

Abbey Road

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Engagment Party

So we had our engagement party today. It went really well. I was nervous about it being somewhat awkward with a lot of people I didn't know being there. And there were a couple, but overall it was good to see my parent's friends from the temple that I haven't seen in a long time.

Valerie and Jeff were there. It was cool to see them together as a couple, I don't think I've seen that yet! She brought a BEAUTIFUL cake! It was two tiers; one spice cake, one chocolate. And it was gorgeous! It was white frosting and she had done a Celtic knot design with hearts intertwined in it with a claddagh on the front. I totally started to cry when I saw it! I'm still misty eyed! It totally was the hit of the party! :-) What can I say, I have some talented ass friends!

We got lots of really nice gifts. I GOT MY KITCHEN AID MIXER! Can I just tell you how freaking excited I am about that? It's beautiful! It's the cobalt blue color I wanted. Jake's parents got it for us. That is something I have always wanted. Even years ago I used to dream of getting married and registering for the mixer! I am so going to use it! When we get a house it's taking its proper place on the counter!

I was a good day too. The rain held off until we left. It was pissing down on the way home. The drops were huge! They felt like they were whipping the car!

But anyway, it was a good day and it's a good feeling to know that people care about you, even if you haven't seen them in years!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so glad you had a good time! Believe me, I remember our engagement party and my NY/NJ bridal shower, and the awkwardness thereof.

And I did have to laugh about the KitchenAid Mixer--Ev's mom insisted we register for it, that someone would want to get it for us. I personally didn't care, but Ev thought it was such a great idea! Anyway, we never did get that mixer! :P I'm so glad that you got it because you actually wanted it!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Sorry I am waaaaay behind on reading your blogs, but I am playing catch-up right now since I finally located the site. So glad you liked the cake!!!! I was nervous. I had a good time, so did Jeff. Thanks much.

love-Valerie :-)