Abbey Road

Abbey Road

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

mmmmm coffee...




I am writing today to sing the praises of the best little coffee/tea house I have ever had the privilege to grace. And, if you know me well, you know what a huge statement that is. You know what a coffee snob I am! I can't help it! My second job ever was at an independent coffee house that roasted their own beans!

BATIAN PEAK
131 Boston Rd.
N. Billerica, MA
978-663-2305

Anyway, this little gem is located in a plaza on Boston Rd. in Billerica. If you didn't know better, you'd drive on by on your way to Dunkin Donuts. But, if you'd just pull into this plaza down the road and take an extra couple of minutes to get out of your car, you will be MOST pleasantly surprised!

The owners are a married couple from Africa. They are young, savvy and incredibly sweet. You will always be greeted with a smile! There are lots of loose teas and accessories for purchase.

Oh, but the coffee. The coffee. OMG the coffee! It is to DIE for. They import the highest quality, hand picked beans from around the world and ROAST THEM FRESH daily. I tell you, it is amazing. I always buy the Kenya AA whole beans and brew at home. People who don't even like coffee will drink it! It is smooth, rich, relaxing and just plain delicious. Don't get me wrong, the tea is really good too, but I'm a coffee junky. LOL

For those of you that don't live or work anywhere near Billerica, I have good news! I just found their website and they ship! Yep! So please, treat yourself. You deserve it. Order their coffee. You will NOT be disappointed. And, if you are, you may need some medical attention. Get that looked at. LOL

Their site is: http://www.coffeeandteavillage.com

Here is an article about them in the paper, with a video about their bean roasting.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/billerica/news/business/x50627115/A-brand-new-brew

No comments: