Abbey Road

Abbey Road

Monday, December 15, 2008

Ice Storm 2008

We have now been without power in our aparment for 4 days. Our cats have made it through thus far, but it was in the low 30's this weekend in the apartment. Jake and I were living like nomads this weekend.

Thursday night Jake was out all night sanding streets and moving trees while I was snug in my bed. He worked all night.

I woke up Friday morning to discover we had no power. Not thinking it a big deal, I headed out to work. Leah called me as I was one exit away saying the power was out but our boss was at work. So, I figured I'd make an appearance. We were sent home, of course.

Jake and I decided to try to tough it out Friday night. Well, at 2:00 am I woke up vomiting and such. I picked up the phone book and called every hotel in the area, finally finding one with openings. I was not about to be throwing up sick in a 45 degree house.

We booked the room for two days, but saturday night I headed to Heather and Evan's so Jake could have the hotel bed to himself. At that point he hadn't slept since Wednesday night. I had a good time with them and Rhea, but living like a nomad ain't easy.

Last night we slept at Jake's parent's place. This is getting ridiculous. I want my bed and I want my cats to not be freezing. I hope we get power soon or I'm going to break something.

No comments: